I had some visitors this weekend and I found out that the best part of having a doll collection is letting your favorite kid go wild!
I swear her eyes bugged out when I told her she could open ALL THE BOXES!!
We spent forever looking at all my catalogs too!
In the end my office and my doll trunk is a mess but I couldn't be happier!
I love thrift stores and while I've never found a ton of AG stuff I do find things every now and then. This time I hit the jackpot!
One bitty baby in very good condition:
And I found this:
The poor girl has been put through heck and back:
And now for the main part of my post!
Gwen over at A Peek Into the Pantry nominated me for a Daisy Chain Blog Award! If you guys haven't checked her out yet, please do! Her blog is in my top three favorites!
1. Which AG Historical character is your favorite?
Probably Felicity or Samantha. They were the two I was always torn between when I was a kid. I think I was a lot like Felicity in that I was a bit of a tom boy and didn't like gender norms and was a little impulsive and brash.
2. What's one item AG hasn't made that you wish they would?
I really wish they had made more clothing for Marie-Grace and Cecile. Clothing is what I'm most interested in and the girls had some really nice things in the books that didn't get made!
3. What's your favorite AG book?
Meet Felicity. I actually love all the "Meet" books because it's the first taste of a new world and a new character.
4. What made you decide to start your blog?
I really wanted a place where I could talk about my doll related projects and document my collection. Facebook just wasn't cutting it and anyway my step-father is afraid of dolls LMAO! It seemed like a good idea.
5. What's your favorite thing about your blog?
I think it's the community aspect? I really like that I can ask for ideas and people will respond and I like that I can answer their questions too. I like that I can talk to people who dig dolls!
6. Do you have a favorite doll in your collection?
Felicity is my number one girl! But the order after her changes depending on my mood and the day. Right now it's probably Grace and Melody! Addy, Ivy, Marie-Grace and Cecile are all very special to me because they remind me of my bff!
7. What's your favorite toy brand that isn't AG?
A Girl For All Time!
8. Who's your favorite AG character who doesn't have a doll counterpart?
Ben! And Singing Bird. Marta-Kirsten-Singing Bird is my doll bff dream!
Thank you again Gwen. This was fun!
I nominate Lisa from Once Upon a Doll Collection! She has been working on the most amazing doll house. Seriously go check it out!
Your questions are:
1. What do you think is the best part about having a doll collection?
2. How did you get into doll collecting?
3. Do you remember your first doll? If so what doll was it?
4. What is your favorite vintage toy? (doll or otherwise)
5. What is your doll collecting holy grail?
6. What made you decide to start your blog?
7. Where do you get ideas for posts?
8. Is there anything you want to start collecting but haven't yet? If so, what is it?
I hope everyone had a safe and happy 4th! Till next time!